SBFCC Forum
December 18, 2014, 10:19:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Boards   Help Downloads Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACR I-Cards  (Read 1741 times)
Forum Admin
Administrator
Forum Guru

« on: March 09, 2012, 05:53:15 PM »

From a mass email by the Subic Chamber President:

Dear SBFCC Members,

Early this week, the Chamber directly wrote Commissioner David of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) regarding delayed issuances of ACR I-Cards (see below letter). The good news is that BI acted quickly on our request. The majority, if not all, of the ACR I-Cards on the list we submitted were already processed, printed, and should be ready for pickup either today or early next week.

Sincerely,

PROF. DANNY PIANO
President

Subic Bay Freeport Chamber of Commerce
Rm. 101 SBMA Regulatory Building,
cor. Labitan St & Rizal Highway, SBFZ 2222 PI
Tel No: +63 47 252-3180
Fax No:+63 47 252-3190
Email: sbfccadm@pldtsubictel.com

Letter to the Bureau of Immigration
March 6, 2012

HON. RICARDO A. DAVID, JR.
Commissioner
Bureau of Immigration
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila
Philippines 1002

Subj:   Delayed issuances of ACR I-Cards

Dear Commissioner David,

A number of members of the Subic Bay Freeport Chamber of Commerce (SBFCC) are currently encountering problems related to the delayed issuances of ACR I-Cards. As you can see from the list attached to this letter, some of the delays extend not only months but even years behind.

The recent Bureau of Immigration Memorandum Circular RADJR 12-001 which became effective February 1 of this year further complicates and makes the problem worse. It penalizes applicants by downgrading visas, among others. The circular, under paragraphs 1 and 2 stated, to wit:

“1. Aliens with pending ACR I-card applications. Presentation of official receipts and claim stubs.

1.a.  Departing Aliens – Aliens with pending ACR I-card applications, official receipts and/or claim stubs shall not be allowed to travel. In cases of these travelers with pending ACR I-card applications, the Airport Operation Division (AOD) Chief shall immediately relay the names and circumstances of such travelers to the Commissioner of Immigration or, in his absence, to the designated Associate Commissioner, for proper evaluation.

1.b.  Returning Aliens – Visas of returning aliens with pending ACR I-card application shall be downgraded to tourist, subject to re-stamping at the BI.

2. Valid visa with expired I-card.

2.a.  Departing Aliens – Departing aliens with valid visas as indicated in their passports but with expired ACR I-Cards shall be allowed to leave. Immigration Officers shall however advise the aliens to renew their ACR I-Card at the soonest possible time to avoid inconvenience.

2.b.  Returning Aliens – Aliens returning to the Philippines with valid visas, as indicated in their passports but expired ACR I-cards shall be downgraded to tourist visa.”

While the SBFCC understands that this Bureau of Immigration memorandum circular obligates and penalizes irresponsible aliens, it also inadvertently penalizes and burdens those that conscientiously tried to follow BI regulations, specifically, those whose ACR I-Card processing delays are not their own making.

For this reason, we respectfully request that the Bureau of Immigration amend the circular so that applicants who have applied for I-Cards on time but where issuances are delayed be exempted from the penalties being imposed.  An alternative would be to consider a BI-issued claim stub as valid proof that an applicant had applied and paid for the ACR I-card. This was the BI regulation prior to the above-mentioned Memorandum Circular.

We understand that a waiver may be requested but this again poses another level of difficulty for a problem not caused by applicants. In fact, waivers are usually granted by BI only on a case to case basis and only after a personal interview at BI’s head office in Manila.

We further request that the ACR I-Cards of the SBFCC members on the attached list be processed expeditiously.

We look forward to a positive response.

Sincerely,

SBFCC Board of Directors

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. (AE)
imho
Non-Chamber Member
Sr. Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:55:46 PM »

good work chamber!
Forum Admin
Administrator
Forum Guru

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 04:49:34 PM »

Good work BI!

From a report by Jerome Aning on the Philippine Daily Inquirer:

The Bureau of Immigration (BI) has issued new guidelines to cut delays in the processing of applications for alien certificates of registration identity cards (ACR-I-Card).

Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. issued on June 1 a memorandum containing the new rules which prescribe a period of only five days for the processing and issuance of ACR I-Cards.

While the application for an  I-Card can be accomplished in a day, release of the card often takes up to 30 days.

David’s circular states that “in no case shall the entire ACR I-Card application process exceed five working days from the date of filing of the application.”

Any “delay or deviation” from the performance timeline will result in disciplinary action against the responsible BI employee, the circular added.

Aside from setting a timeline, the circular also prescribed the documentary requirements for the issuance of the I-Card.

The bureau also said it had adopted stricter rules in the registration and issuance of visas to dependent children of resident foreign nationals in the country.

A circular issued on May 24 provides for the cancellation at the end of this year of visas of dependents of nonimmigrants who were erroneously registered as native-born foreigners.

Native-born foreigners are given certain preferences in applications for naturalization, permanent residency and other immigration benefits.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. (AE)
yoda
Non-Chamber Member
Full Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »

Comply, Olongapo BI must  Wink

When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not.
Forum Admin
Administrator
Forum Guru

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 05:44:28 PM »

SBFCC President Danny Piano sent a letter of appreciation to Bureau of Immigration Commisioner Ricardo David for improvements made on ACR I-Card processing. Here's the letter:

June 11, 2012

HON. RICARDO A. DAVID, JR.
Commissioner
Bureau of Immigration
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros, Manila 1002

Subj:   Improved ACR I-Card Processing

Dear Commissioner David,

The Subic Bay Freeport Chamber of Commerce (SBFCC) wishes to convey our appreciation for the recent improvements with regards to ACR I-Card processing.

A little over three months ago, on 6 March 2012, the SBFCC sent a letter to you regarding the delayed processing of the I-Cards of our members. We were surprised that BI immediately started resolving the I-Card issues of those SBFCC members. While there are a few that remain unresolved, we were still impressed.

On or around 21 March 2012, we got hold of a copy of a memorandum from BI Associate Commissioner Siegfred Mison directing the immediate re-examination of existing registration methodologies by ACOs and the immediate submission of verified inventory of unresolved ACR I-Card applications. We thought the BI seemed to be really serious. However, awful experiences from the past created doubts among our members on BI’s sincerity.

Your June 1 memorandum containing new rules prescribing ACR I-Card processing and issuance in only five days clinched it. We now truly believe that the Bureau of Immigration, under your leadership, is really trying its best to walk on President Aquino’s daang matuwid.

It will be a walk that will be fraught with challenges. But, many will be on your side to help out. The Subic Chamber certainly will be. We will try to do this by working with SBMA’s Visa personnel and Olongapo City’s BI personnel and provide testimonies to your good office as appropriate.  Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can help some other way.

We hope for your continued success.

Sincerely,

Prof. DANNY J. PIANO
SBFCC President

Forum Admin
Administrator
Forum Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »

From the Manila Bulletin:

Foreigners applying for visa at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) are no longer required to claim their alien certificate of registration - identity card (ACR-I-Card) at the agency's offices as these will soon be delivered to their residences.

Under the revised rules, all ACR-I-Cards printed and released for distribution will be endorsed to a courier that will deliver the cards to the visa applicants within 24 hours.

BI Commissioner Ricardo David, Jr. said the new procedure will be operational as soon as they identified, selected and engaged the services of a reliable, reputable and cost-effective courier provider.

He disclosed that a supplemental memorandum will be issued to formalize the operation of the courier delivery system for the ACR-I-Card.

The guidelines state that the cards shall be delivered to the residential address of the applicant.

According to David, the courier system was introduced as part of the BI’s continuing efforts to improve its services, making it more convenient for foreigners to visit and do business in the country.

“Ultimately, the courier system will be employed for the other types of immigration documents, such as clearances and exit permits, so that foreigners need no longer go to our offices and line up to secure their papers,” the BI chief said.

He added that the new system will help lessen the crowd of people transacting at the ground floor of the BI main building in Intramuros, Manila, many of whom go there to claim or follow up their ACR-I-Card application.

Ronaldo Ledesma, BI acting alien registration chief, said that a foreigner who was issued an immigrant or non-immigrant visa by the BI should register with the bureau’s alien registration division (ARD) and apply for an ACR-I-Card to perfect his resident status in the Philippines.

Ledesma said that aside from being proof of a foreigner’s legal status, the card also serves as the alien’s reentry and exit permit that should be presented to an immigration officer at the port of entry every time he or she enters or leaves the country.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

QUICK VIEW
Unread posts
Recent posts
Unviewed pics
Site Map

WEATHER
Click weather details link below
see details here

CURRENCIES